TNE_QA: Promoting quality and recognition of transnational education in Armenia and Georgia
About the Project
TNE_QA is a EU-funded project under the TEMPUS (Trans-European Mobility University Studies) programme's sixth call for proposals. TNE_QA is a three-year project with the intention to establish internal and external quality assurance mechanisms in line with OECD/UNESCO guidelines to further enhance quality and promote regulation and recognition of the transnational education provided in Armenia and Georgia.
Objective and Goals
The main project's objective is to develop and integrate quality assurance mechanisms in the institutions that provide transnational education (TNE).
The specific objectives target at:
- Building on the capacity of the Armenian and Georgian HEIs and external quality assurance bodies to effectively manage quality assurance of TNE.
- Developing and integrating quality assurance mechanisms at the institutions that provide TNE.
- Developing and integrating quality assurance standards and procedures for external quality assurance systems to effectively manage the quality assurance procedures at universities providing TNE.
- Ensuring regulation, quality assurance and recognition of TNE provisions in Armenia and Georgia.
Project Content and Methodology
The project consists of the following three main activities:
- Capacity building (training kit, training sessions, workshops, case studies, plan and template for the development of QA units at HEIs).
- Formulation of internal and external QA procedures for TNE providers.
- Pilot accreditation of TNE providers (institutional and academic programme).
The principle outcomes and outputs include:
- Well-prepared staff at HEIs and external quality assurance agency/Ministry to provide quality assurance of TNE.
- Established/revised functions of internal quality assurance units at HEIs.
- Nationwide standards, procedures, indicators and benchmarks for external quality assurance of TNE providers in Armenia and Georgia.
- Institution-wide internal quality assurance Procedures Handbook for HEIs in Armenia and Georgia.
- Legitimate and sustainable quality assurance system piloted and operationalised in Armenia and Georgia.
The TNA_QA Partnership
- “French University in Armenia”, Foundation(project coordinator)
- “American University of Armenia” Foundation
- Russian-Armenian (Slavonic) University
- National Center for Professional Education QA Foundation
- Ministry of Education and Science of Republic of Armenia
- Education Quality
- Caucasus University
- Akaki Tsereteli State University
- Batumi State Maritime Academy
- International Institute for Education Policy, Planning and Management
- Ministry of Education and Science in Georgia
- The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education, UK
- Bath Spa University, UK
- Université Jean Moulin Lyon 3, FR
- Universität Siegen, DE
- International Institution for Educational Planning, FR
- EFMD, BE
- Aix-Marseille University, FR