NEWMapping the field. Surveys Report on Needs and Supply with respect to Higher Education Leadership and Management Training in Europe
Under the leadership of ESMU (European Centre for the Strategic Management of Universities), MODERN is a consortium of 10 core and 26 associate partners joining forces in a Structural Network under the EU-funded Lifelong Learning Programme (ERASMUS) to respond to the Modernisation Agenda of the European Union and to the need to invest in people, to support future leaders and encourage the professionalisation of higher education management at all levels.
Among others, MODERN (www.highereducationmanagement.eu) is a web-based community: the European platform is intended as an interactive information and meeting point for HEM providers, experts, target group learners and interested stakeholders. Activities will include a survey on needs and demands for HEM programmes, five thematic conferences and peer learning activities.
- European Centre for Strategic Management of Universities (ESMU), BE – coordinator
- EFMD, BE
- Centre for Higher Education Development (CHE), DE
- Danube University Krems – University for Continuing Education (DUK), AT
- University of Twente – Centre for Higher Education Policy Studies (CHEPS), NL
- European Consortium of Innovative Universities (ECIU), PT
- European Association for International Education (EAIE), NL
- University of Bath – International Centre for Higher Education Management (ICHEM), UK
- Politecnico di Milano – Consortium for the innovation of firms and Public Administration management (MIP), IT
- Higher Education Development Association (Hedda), NO
- Mapping the Field Exercise – MODERN will survey the supply and demand for HEM programmes.
- European Portfolio – as a result of the mapping the field exercise, MODERN will produce an online tool with a portfolio on the provision of HEM programmes.
- Peer Learning Activities – new peer learning activities will be developed: instrumental peer learning (institutional learning of HEI decision makers on organisational developments) and individual peer learning (individual learning of decision makers on leadership, personal skills, change management).
- Five Conferences will be organised on the following topics:
- Regional Innovation
- Internationalisation and Quality Assurance
- Knowledge Transfer
- Executive Reports – special reports will be produced on the five conference themes on state-of-the-art knowledge and innovations on university leadership, governance and management issues in relation to the five conference themes.
EFMD is associated to all activities, but is especially in charge of the design and organisation of the peer learning activities and the conference on knowledge transfer.
For more information, please visit the project website: www.highereducationmanagement.eu