EFMD would like to warmly congratulate - Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, UK, EBAPE - Escola Brasileira de Administração Pública e de Empresas, FGV - Fundação Getulio Vargas, Brazil & the Krannert School of Management, Purdue University, USA who have recently been awarded EQUIS accreditation.
This takes the number of accredited schools to 146 across 39 countries.
- "We are delighted to join the elite list of EQUIS accredited schools, and we were especially pleased to be accredited for five years. The accreditation process provided us with a structured approach to reflect on our unique strategy of being a business school "embedded in Oxford University." The review panel's insightful perspective was useful to me and my team and we will integrate these perspectives into our discussions and planning for the future. We are delighted to have this recognition of the work we are doing here at the School."
Prof. Peter Tufano, Peter Moores Dean, Saïd Business School, University of Oxford
- "Our EQUIS accreditation awarded by EFMD is a tremendous honor for the Krannert School of Management at Purdue University. We are very proud to join the ranks of globally recognized business schools represented through EQUIS and we look forward to a great future working with EFMD."
Prof. Christopher Earley, Dean, Krannert School of Management, Purdue University
- "This certification confirms the commitment to internationalization of the School coupled with our academic excellence. EQUIS accreditation is an important international recognition of the quality of the school, being granted only to institutions that meet the highest international quality standards in teaching and research".
Dr. Flavio Carvalho de Vasconcelos, Dean, EBAPE/FGV
Prof. Michael Osbaldeston, Director of Quality Services at EFMD said, “From its inception, EQUIS has targeted top-quality international business schools around the world and we are delighted to welcome 3 more leading schools into the EQUIS community."
Accreditation from EFMD is one of the best and most complete ways to certify the quality of a business school as accreditation involves an extensive self-assessment by the school, the visit of an international review team who spend several days interviewing many different people in the School, and finally a very experienced jury evaluating the assessment and findings of the review team to determine whether the School should be granted accreditation. There are currently no substitutes for such an in-depth assessment of quality and the new schools are commended for their commitment to excellence.
There is a wide mis-conception that accreditation is about box ticking and conforming to certain standards but this is completely off the mark with accreditation from EFMD. EQUIS is about excellence and continuous quality improvement linked to the strategy, vision and leadership of the business school. It is also forward looking and helps a school set a quality agenda for the future. None of the rankings, stars, Palmes, voting systems, referrals etc come close to the quality assessment process involved in going through EQUIS accreditation.
The benefits of accreditation include:
- Information for the global education market on the basis of substance
- International recognition of excellence: international development
- Mechanism for international benchmarking with the best
- Sharing of good practice and mutual learning
- Agenda for quality improvement and future development
- Acceleration of quality improvement in international management education
- Legitimacy to internal and external stakeholders that you have a strong international reputation (donors, alumni, government) and that your school meets the high standards of the best business schools in the world
- Become part of a network of top schools to develop relationships with fellow EFMD accredited schools for research, exchanging best practices on programmes, etc
- International Legitimacy vis-a-vis - recruiting international students; creating double degree partnerships; forming international exchange relationships; recruiting executive development custom programme clients; recruiting new faculty
More information on EQUIS is available at www.efmd.org/equis