EQUIS Accreditation Seminar
Understanding the key stages of the accreditation process
Interpretation and practical application of the Standards and Criteria
Preparing an effective Self-Assessment Report and Peer Review Visit
Presentation of the EQUIS documents
The Seminar is targeted at institutions considering applying for accreditation and those holding active eligibility wishing to get a better understanding about the system. They will be relevant for Deans and Directors, Associate Deans, Directors of major programmes, Directors of External Relations and Accreditation Officers. Peer Reviewers are encouraged to attend as well, in order to receive an update on the most recent developments within the EFMD accreditations.
Professor Michael Osbaldeston, Director, Quality Services, EFMD
Mr. Friedemann Schulze-Fielitz, Associate Director Americas, EFMD Global Network
Professor Claudia Quintanilla, Accreditations and Rankings Director, EGADE Business School, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico
Wednesday, 11 November 2015
|19:30||Informal Networking Dinner (optional)|
Thursday, 12 November 2015
|09:00 – 09:15||Registration/Coffee|
|09:15 – 09:30||Welcome and Introductions|
|09:30 - 10:30||EFMD Quality Services Portfolio
The nature of EQUIS and its benefits for schools going through the accreditation process
Introduction to the EQUIS Process
|10:30 – 10:45||Coffee Break|
|10:45 – 12:30||EQUIS Standards and Criteria
Key issues and their interpretation by Peer Review Teams and the EQUIS Awarding Body
|12:30 – 13:30||Lunch (including study time of datasheets)|
|13:30 – 14:30||EQUIS Process key stages: Application, Briefing Visit, Eligibility, Self-Assessment Report, Peer Review Visit, Awarding Body Decision, Continuous Improvement/Progress Reporting|
|14:30 – 14:45||Coffee Break|
|14:45 – 15:45||How to prepare a good Datasheet (DS), a good Self-Assessment Report (SAR) and an effective Peer Review Visit (PRV)|
|15:45 – 16:30||The EQUIS Process as lived by a School|
|16:30 – 17:00||Conclusion & Open Forum|
Ample time will be available during these sessions for participants to raise issues of particular concern to them.
- Venue and Welcome at the meeting
- Participation Fee
- Networking dinner
- Tourism and links
Participants will receive all Seminar materials and other necessary information at
Manchester Business School - Americas Centre
The University of Manchester
333 SE 2nd Avenue, Suite 2500
Miami, Florida 33131
On Thursday, 12 November 2015 at 9:00
- € 700,00 for FULL members of EFMD
- € 800,00 for AFFILIATED members of EFMD
- € 900,00 for Non members of EFMD
Fees cover attendance to the Seminar, documentation, meals and refreshments, but do NOT include hotel accommodation. Hotel fees are to be paid to the different hotels upon departure. (please refer to the Hotel Information Section below for more details)
On-line registration is available at the above link.
Cancellations must be confirmed in writing. If we receive notice of your withdrawal before 31 October 2015, a cancellation administrative fee of € 90,75 will be charged. Thereafter, we regret that we are unable to refund any fees. However, in such cases, substitutes are welcome at no extra cost as long as EFMD receives notification of the name, title and address of the substitute.
Accommodation is not included in the Seminar participation fee.
While there are several hotels within walking distance of the Manchester Business School - Americas Centre, we recommend booking at the following hotel:
Courtyard Marriot, Miami Downtown/Brickell Area
200 SE 2nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33131
Some of the other hotels nearby are:
Participants who register for the EQUIS Accreditation Seminar are invited to the networking dinner at 7:30 pm on Wednesday, 11 November 2015. Location will be confirmed by e-mail closer to the Seminar date.
Miami International Airport (MIA) to Courtyard Marriot Hotel, Miami Downtown/Brickell
The Miami International Airport (MIA) is approximately a 20-minute drive away from the hotel.
- Shuttle: There is no shuttle running between the hotel and airport.
- Taxi: The easiest way to get from the airport to the hotel is by taxi, the average rate being $35 with moderate traffic.
- Super Shuttle: Super Shuttle is a shared ride service with prices that vary from $15-$90 depending on the type of ride you choose. For more information on Super Shuttle and their services please refer to their FAQ.
- City Bus: The commute by public transportation, using the Miami-Dade Transit system, from the airport to the hotel will take about an hour, one-passage fare of $2,25; day passes for $5,65. All trip options have at least two transfers; please consult Google Maps for possible trip options. Google Maps does not show you that from your final stop at the Government Center you may take the Metro Mover (a free city center rail service to commute through most downtown) from the Government Center Metrorail station to the Bayside Metromover stop nearest the hotel, resulting in a 5 minute walk as opposed to the 15 minute walk Google Maps suggests. Please visit the Miami-Dade Transit system website for more information.
The Manchester Business School - Americas Centre is approximately 3-minute walk away from the hotel.
- Please consult Google Maps to see the very short walk from the hotel to the seminar venue.
If you plan to arrive earlier or extend your stay in the beautiful and tropical city of Miami, see the links below for more information on places of interest.
Visit Florida – Miami
Miami Tourist Guide
Visiting Miami Beach
November in Miami has temperatures that ranges from 20°C (69°F) – to 27°C (81°F) during the time when our seminar will take place. Relative humidity typically ranges from 56% (mildly humid) to 88% (very humid) over the course of a typical November.
Average Weather in November – Miami, FL USA
Daily Weather in Miami, FL USA