EQUIS Accreditation Seminar
Hosted by: University of Economics, Prague - Faculty of International Relations
The event will start on: 15 Oct 15 12:00
And will end on: 16 Oct 15 15:00
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Understanding the key stages of the accreditation process
Interpretation and practical application of the Standards and Criteria
Preparing an effective Self-Assessment Report and Peer Review Visit
Presentation of the EQUIS documents
The Seminar is targeted at institutions considering applying for EQUIS accreditation and those holding active eligibility wishing to get a better understanding about the system. The Seminar will include an in-depth preparation of the application phase. They will be relevant for Deans and Directors, Associate Deans, Directors of major programmes, Directors of External Relations and Accreditation Officers. Peer Reviewers are encouraged to attend as well, in order to receive an update on the most recent developments within the EFMD accreditations.
- Professor Ulrich Hommel, Associate Director, Quality Services, EFMD
- Professor Martin Schader, Associate Director, Quality Services, EFMD
- Professor Metka Tekavčič, Dean, Faculty of Economics, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
THURSDAY, 15 October 2015: EQUIS Accreditation Process
|14:00 - 14:15||Welcome and Introductions|
|14:15 - 15:15||EFMD Quality Services Portfolio
|15:15 - 15:30||Coffee Break|
|15:30 - 16:45||The EQUIS Process key stages: Application, Briefing Visit, Eligibility, Self-Assessment Report, Peer Review Visit, Awarding Body, Continuous Improvement/Progress Reporting|
|16:45 - 17:30||The EQUIS process as lived by a School|
|17:30 - 17:45||Distribution of sample datasheets for self-study and allocation of working groups|
|18:00||Networking Dinner at the Academic Club of the University of Economics, Prague|
FRIDAY, 16 October 2015: EQUIS Seminar
|09:00 - 10:00||EQUIS Standards and Criteria (I)
Key issues and their interpretation by the Peer Review Teams and the EQUIS Awarding Body
|10:00 - 10:15||Coffee Break|
|10:15 - 11:15||EQUIS Standards and Criteria (II)|
|11:15 - 12:15||How to prepare a Datasheet:
|12:15 - 13:15||Lunch|
|13:15 - 14:45||Group work: What distinguishes a good from a poor Datasheet?
|14:45 - 15:15||Feedback (mock EQUIS Committee)|
|15:15 - 15:30||Coffee Break|
|15:30 - 16:30||How to prepare a good Self-Assessment Report (SAR) and an effective Peer Review Visit (PRV)
|16:30 - 17:00||Open Forum: Q&A|
- Venue and Welcome at the meeting
- Participation Fee and Registration
- Tourism and links
University of Economics, Prague - Faculty of International Relations
W. Churchill Square, 4
130 67 Prague 3 - Czech Republic
- 900€ (+21% VAT) for EFMD Full Members
- 1000€ (+21% VAT) for EFMD Affiliated or Associate Members
- 1100€ (+21% VAT) for Non-Members
Fees cover attendance to the seminar, documentation, meals and refreshments, but do NOT include hotel accommodation. Hotel fees are to be paid to the different hotels upon departure (please refer to the hotel information section below for more details).
Please register here
Cancellations must be confirmed in writing. If we receive notice of your withdrawal before 28 September 2015, a cancellation administrative fee of 75,00€ (+21% VAT) will be charged. Thereafter, we regret that we are unable to refund any fees. However, in such cases, substitutes are welcome at no extra cost as long as EFMD receives notification of the name, title and address of the substitute.
Accommodation is not included in the Seminar participation fee.
The EFMD Conference Secretariat has negotiated preferential rates in the following hotels (all situated within walking distance from the conference venue). Rooms can be booked via the conference registration form:
987 Design Prague Hotel****
Located at 750 m from the School - 9 min walk
Price per room (double or single) 130 EUR
Rate includes VAT (15%) and buffet breakfast.
Cancellation policy: cancellations received after 13 September 2015 – full stay will be charged.
Hotel Esplanade Prague*****
Located at 1.1 km from the School - 14 min to walk
Price per room (single) 165 EUR
Price per room (double) 175 EUR
Rate includes VAT (15%) and breakfast. City tax will be paid by the guests at the hotel directly.
Cancellation policy: cancellations received after 13 September 2015 – will be charged a pro-rata portion of the one-night deposit (taken at booking time). Cancellations before that date will be fully refunded.
Located at 1.3 km from School – 15 min walk
Price per room (double or single) 100 EUR
Rate includes VAT (15%), city tax, internet, access to the fitness and sauna and buffet breakfast.
Cancellation policy: the one night deposit (taken at booking time) will be refunded if cancellations are received 7 days prior to arrival.
All participants registered for the EQUIS Accreditation Seminar are invited to a networking dinner at 6:00 pm on Thursday, 15 October 2015 at the Academic Club of the University of Economics, Prague.
Getting to the University of Economics, Prague
Address: Winston Churchill Square 4, 130 67 Prague 3, Czech Republic.
By public transport (from the airport)
Please note it is necessary to take a bus from the airport to the nearest metro station in order to reach the centre of Prague. Metro is in service from 5.00 to 24.00.
Letiště (Prague Airport) – Nádrazi Velesvalín (metro A), bus 119
- Intervals between buses: 5 to 20 minutes
- Travel time: 17 minutes
- Letiště - Terminál 2(flights to the countries in the Schengen space) - Terminál 1 (flights to the countries outside the Schengen space, intercontinental flights) – U Hangáru – Na Padesátníku - Terminál 3 (private and charter flights) – K Letišti – Dědina – Nová Šárka – Divoká Šárka - Nádraží Veleslavín (A).
Letiště (Prague Airport) – Zličín (metro B), bus 100
- Intervals between buses: 7,5 to 30 minutes
- Travel time: 16 minutes
- Letiště - Terminál 2 (flights to the countries in the Schengen space) - Terminál 1 (flights to the countries outside the Schengen space, intercontinental flights) – U Hangáru - Terminál 3 (private and charter flights) – K Letišti – Zličín.
Bus AE (Airport Express)A special airport bus providing direct interconnection of air, rail and urban mass transit is available from 5.30 to 22.30.
- Intervals between buses: 30 minutes
- Travel time: 33 minutes
- Fare: 60 CZK, luggage free of charge
- The regular PIT tariff is not valid, tickets are non-transferable and single-trip, valid only on this particular line
- Purchase tickets from the driver
- Route: Letiště (Prague Airport) - Náměstí Republiky* - Masarykovo nádraží* - Hlavní nádraží (main train station)
*The line stops in the Masarykovo Nádraží and Náměstí Republiky only in the direction from the Airport to main train station (Hlavní nádraží).
Information centres at Prague Airport offer all the relevant information on the operation of public transport in Prague, its routes, timetables and fares. In addition to information, Information centres offer in particular:
- Single-trip and short-term time tickets valid for 24 hours or for 1, 3 days respectively, timetables for trams and buses (from whatever stop), a map of Prague complete with its public transport network; and,
- Pamphlets on route detours and changes in the near future or at present, as well as some other current information materials can be obtained free of charge.
Prague Airport Info center, Terminal 1
Terminal 1 arrivals hall open: daily from 7.00 a. m. to 9.00 p.m.
Prague Airport Info center, Terminal 2
Terminal 2 arrivals hall open: daily from 7.00 a. m. to 9.00 p.m.
Official taxi companies recommended by Prague Airport:
+ 420 222 333 222
+ 420 221 102 211
+ 420 220 113 892
+ 420 220 117 078
+ 420 722 555 525
Approximate price from the airport to the centre of Prague is 600 CZK.
Numbers 5, 9 and 26 – Husinecká stop (then walk down the hill (3 mins)).
More information about transport around Prague is available here
Please find here a map with location of metro and tram stations nearby the university.