EU Policy - overviewEFMD supports its members in understanding and responding to EU policy developments in education, research and innovation.
We seek to stimulate a broad debate on issues related to higher education management developments and to increase awareness of the importance of leadership and management to drive transformations in the sector.
We deliver information on EU policy and programme developments as well as outcomes of EU studies through blog posts, social media channels and articles in the Global Focus magazine.
We partner with business schools, universities and other organisations for joint initiatives to promote excellence in management education and higher education at large in Europe and worldwide.
In recent years, the EU has called for higher education institutions to be a driving force in contributing to a strong and competitive Europe, in the ten-year Europe 2020 strategy for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth that followed the Lisbon Strategy.
This EFMD EU involvement takes place in the following way to help shape the EU Agenda
- Assisting EU institutions with studies, surveys, evaluation and impact assessment of EU policies and programmes in education, research and innovation
- EFMD position papers on EU policy developments (e.g. on the Digital Agenda)
- Partnership projects in the context of EU programmes such as Erasmus+ or Horizon2020
- Participation in EU conferences and events (e.g. the annual University-Business Forum)
- Presence of EU senior officials at EFMD conferences and leadership programmes
- The modernisation and transformation of higher education – new forms of governance, leadership and management
- Entrepreneurship in higher education
- The European Higher Education Area and the educational transformations under the Bologna Process
- Quality assurance - accreditation of business schools and study programmes
- Innovative teaching and learning – provision of cutting-edge knowledge and skills acquisition; blended and e-learning delivery modes
- The internationalisation of higher education - including joint international education programmes
- Research and Innovation – including regional innovation policies and the EIT