EFMD is delighted to announce the 2014 Excellence in Practice Gold Award Winners.
"The applications to this year's EIP Awards were again of a very high level and exemplified the growing demand to show the impact of Learning & Development initiatives. Every single finalist represents an excellent investment case, based on solid partnerships.
" said Dr. Richard Straub, Director of Corporate Services at EFMD.
EFMD wants to provide visibility and support to all professionals in the L&D sector. The Gold cases will be showcased during the next EFMD Executive Development Conference which will be hosted by St. Gallen University on 1-3 October.
The 2014 Gold Award Winners include:
Category: Talent Development
FrieslandCampina & Ashridge Business School
“Developing Talent for 2020”
Category: Executive Development
Promsvyazbank (PSB) & Chicago Booth School of Business
“PSB & Chicago Booth NewEXperienceTime”
Category: Organisational Development
Stora Enso & IMD
“Stora Enso & IMD – A Pathbreaking Partnership”
Category: Professional Development
University Medical Center Groningen & Amsterdam Business School
“An Industry Approach Transforms Healthcare: A 7 Year Journey”
We would like to thank all of the applicants as well as the jury members for their successful cooperation and hope to receive more exciting cases next year. The continuously growing quality of applications has led to the decision to give visibility to more cases as of this year. As well as the Gold Award winners there were Silver Award winners and also Finalists selected from all of the entries.
More information on the full result can be found via 2014 EFMD Excellence in Practice Award Winners.
Quotes from the Winners
- “The Amsterdam Business School and University Medical Center Groningen are very proud that they have won the prestigious EFMD best case award in the category professional development. It is a recognition of the dedication and focus of everyone involved in this project and we hope it will provide best practice and inspiration for other organizations to effectively implement operational excellence.”
Prof.dr. Ronald J.M.M. Does, Amsterdam Business School, University of Amsterdam
- "To receive this award is immensely encouraging for FrieslandCampina. Since we stated our ambition to be the most successful, professional and attractive dairy company we have worked really hard to unleash talent in the company and make talent management an integral part of our business strategy. The programme we have created with Ashridge is really helping our key talents to be our leaders for the future. The leadership mindset created in the programme is working well, and we are currently bringing it alive in the whole company. We still have many great challenges ahead to realise our ambition, so we are grateful for the extra energy this award gives us."
Willem der Lee, Corporate Director of Talent, FrieslandCampina
- "We are immensely proud to be working with FrieslandCampina on such a powerful programme of personal and organisational development, and for the quality of this work to have been recognised. This is a testament to our strong and trusting partnership. It also shows that - with clarity, focus and imagination - an incredible amount of change can be achieved over a very short timeframe. We are absolutely thrilled with this achievement and that the FrieslandCampina programme has won a highly coveted EFMD Excellence in Practice award.”
Lindsey Masson, Executive Director, Corporate Business, Ashridge Business School
- “Speaking for all the Booth faculty that participated in the NEXT PSB program, we are delighted to win the EFMD gold medal award. The success of the program, and the resulting award is confirmation of the formula for success in customized leadership programs: high quality faculty, a dedicated executive education staff, and a customer who is highly engaged and committed to creating the context necessary for successful leadership development in their organization."
Marc Knez, Faculty Director, Chicago Booth School of Business
- "We are happy and proud that EFMD has recognized our NEXT program with such a high award among other well-known international companies. Recognition of our project as one of the best is confirmation that together with our partner Chicago Booth School of Business we have managed to find creative, and most importantly, effective solutions to our challenges. The program became a powerful tool for further business development and strategic goals achievement, and this award inspires our Corporate University to continue forming a new leadership culture and contribute to the development of the next generation of PSB leaders."
Oxana Martynova, Head of Corporate University, Promsvyazbank
- “It was our distinct privilege to work with the inquisitive and passionate PSB leaders. Without doubt they made the learning journey at Chicago Booth an insightful, refreshing and impactful experience. Their willingness to think critically and collaboratively about their shared leadership challenges and to engage with our faculty in a robust dialogue is the foundation of a very open and fruitful collaboration with PSB. We are grateful and proud to have been granted this special award. We trust that this recognition will help maintain the desire and ambition to learn and explore new ways to bring success to PSB.”
Eugenia Patriniche, Programme Director, Chicago Booth School of Business
- “It’s a great honor and confirmation of our work with Stora Enso to have received this award. The Pathbuilder journey shows the immense strategic impact that educational programs can have both on the individual but also the organization level.”
Albrecht Enders, Professor of Strategy and Innovation, IMD