22 Mar, 2017
22 Mar, 2017
Director, Executive Education - Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership
About this job
Part of the University of Cambridge, the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) has established itself as a pioneer in the development and provision of business action, executive education and Master's-level programmes exploring business leadership at the interface of profitability and sustainability. Programmes include the flagship Prince of Wales’s Business & Sustainability Programme offered in the UK, South Africa, Australia and Colombia, as well as tailored programmes delivered in Cambridge and internationally for some of the world’s leading multinational companies, public sector and not for profit organisations.
Building on the Institute’s reputation for pioneering work in sustainability, CISL now plans to significantly extend its portfolio of high quality and internationally recognised education programmes, to support business leaders in responding to sustainability challenges.
The Institute now seeks an exceptional, inspirational and commercially astute Director of Executive Education who will champion the development of this opportunity, creating a robust platform for future growth.
- Reporting directly to the CEO of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership, Polly Courtice, and a member of the Senior Executive Team, the Director of Executive Education will lead a highly motivated team to develop and deliver an ambitious strategy to significantly grow CISL’s educational activity
- You will identify strategic opportunities for CISL and the University, both in the UK and internationally, to work with senior leaders of private, public and not-for-profit organisations to support CISL’s strategic objectives
- You will craft compelling and powerful propositions which will ensure that clients recognise the value of embedding sustainability within leadership development, translating clients’ latent awareness of sustainability and leadership issues into profitable growth
- You will provide collaborative and inspiring leadership, that respects existing expertise within the team while encouraging the development of new skills and approaches to meet changing business and client requirements
- Most likely with a business school, consultancy or think tank background, you will be accustomed to working with senior level clients particularly from the private sector, but also including the public sector and multilateral institutions, both in the UK and internationally, quickly building personal credibility and trust with key decision-makers
- Financially literate and commercially astute, you will complement CISL’s expertise in sustainability with a consultative and appropriately challenging style of client engagement and a personal track record of successful business development
- You will have a keen appreciation of customer needs and competitive analysis coupled with the intellectual rigour to develop profound and relevant propositions which deliver significant revenue growth to CISL
- You will be a positive, articulate and persuasive communicator with an inspired leadership style that builds trust, collaboration and strong working relationships with diverse and highly intelligent colleagues and partners, internally and externally
While you may not be an expert in sustainability, you will demonstrate a good understanding of critical sustainability issues facing senior leaders and have the intellectual curiosity and business development skills to make a major contribution to the continued success and reputation of CISL as a pioneer in sustainability leadership.
How to Apply
For a confidential conversation about this opportunity, please contact:
email@example.com on +44 (0)20 7333 1828, quoting reference number HN737656HNC
Alternatively for further information and to apply, please visit http://www.harveynash.com/executivesearch/your-career/details.asp?jobid=1523900
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 22 April 2016
Harvey Nash is a global executive search consultancy.
Complying with the DTI: We are an Employment Agency
Job keywords/tags: Business Development , Executive Education , Sales , Academia , Sustainability , Management , Team Leadership