VISIR ProjectWhy VISIR?
The use of ICT for learning in Europe is gaining ground, but to uncap its potential as a driver of change for our economies and societies, we need to move from fragmentation and piloting to articulation and system adoption.
To address this need, and with the support of the Lifelong Learning Programme of the European Commission, VISIR works for three years (2011 to 2014) to address three major gaps: the “understanding gap”, the “networking gap”, and the “mainstreaming gap” of ICT for learning in Europe.
The VISIR project “Vision, Scenarios, Insights and Recommendations“ is the initiative of European networks aiming to develop shared vision on how ICT may help making lifelong learning a reality.
The VISIR Partnership
VISIR represents a rather unprecedented networking effort, bringing together seven European networks in the field of learning innovation plus two renewed research institutions:
- MENON Network
- European Association for Adult Learning (EADL)
- European Distance and E-learning Network (EDEN)
- European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD)
- European Learning Industry Group (ELIG)
- European Interest Group on Creativity and Innovation (EICI)
- European Foundation for Quality in e-Learning (EFQUEL)
- K.U. Leuven
- Cases of innovative use of ICT for learning and teaching
- Vision reports on the ICT-for-learning contribution to life-long learning
- Stakeholders’ consultations
- VISIR seminars
- Trends of using ICT for learning and teaching
EFMD is associated to all project activities but its involvement is in particular related to the identification of innovative examples of the use of ICT for learning and teaching in management education as well as to their dissemination.