Doctorate or PhD
Doctorate or PhD
30 Apr, 2013
30 Apr, 2013
The IESEG School of Management - PhD Candidate in Customer Analytics for Internet Marketing
About this jobThe IESEG School of Management and the IESEG Expertise Center for Database Marketing (IÉSEG-ECDM) (Lille & Paris, France) are searching for a PhD candidate in the field of customer analytics (CI), web mining, database marketing for Internet Marketing in collaboration with the largest e-tailer in France. The content of the PhD will be defined in the field of customer intelligence in correspondence with the needs of the business partner and the supervisors of the PhD candidate in order to find an innovative business relevant research project with high potential to get published in international peer-reviewed journals. The aim is to obtain the degree of PhD after 3 years.
About the IESEG-ECDM
The IESEG Expertise Center for Database Marketing aims to establish durable research collaborations between academics active in research in the fields of database marketing, customer intelligence or analytical CRM, and businesses in need of solutions related to one of these topics. The objective is to establish synergetic, innovative projects, offering novel academic sound solutions to real-life business needs related to database marketing. Current research partners include SAS France, Dun & Bradstreet and La Redoute. More information on the IÉSEG-ECDM is found on http://www.ieseg-databasemarketing.com/ .
Qualifications of the PhD candidate
- A profound interest to do high-quality academic research with a clear added value for business in an international environment.
- A passion for customer intelligence, Internet marketing and web mining.
- A strong motivation to collaborate with the largest e-tailer of France.
- Obtained a master in Marketing Analytics, Data Mining, Text Mining, Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- A degree in business, marketing or Internet marketing is a plus.
- Programming skills of at least one statistical software language such as SAS/Base, SAS/Macro, SAS/Stat, SAS/IML, R and/or SQL are required.
- Notions of Matlab, C++, FORTRAN or Java are a plus.
- Fluency in English. Ability to write high-standard academic texts in English.
- Operational knowledge of French. Ability to work in a French-speaking environment.
- Dynamic, pro-active, creative and serious personality.
The PhD student will work under the conditions of a CIFRE contract with our business partner for a period of 3 years starting in 2013 (by September at the latest). The candidate will split his/her time between our campus and the company, both situated in the Lille region. More information on the working conditions and the salary ranges are found via http://www.anrt.asso.fr/fr/espace_cifre/accueil.jsp .
Supervision of the PhD candidate
The PhD student will be supported by the members of the IÉSEG-ECDM, i.e. Prof. dr. Kristof Coussement, Prof. dr. Koen W. De Bock and Prof. dr. Nathalie Demoulin, surrounded by their international research network. More information on their publications is found on http://www.ieseg.fr/enseignants-et-recherche/ieseg-research/equipe-de-recherche/. Interested? Please send your curriculum vitae and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for Applications: April 30th, 2013.