On the 31st of May in Angers, France, ESSCA School of Management inaugurated the new Alliance of Chinese and European Business Schools (ACE). Twenty universities and colleges are the founding members of the alliance, which is under the patronage of EFMD.
Already since 2012, Wei Shen (Associate Dean for China at ESSCA) and Chong Li (Director EFMD Asia) have been combining efforts to create this important project.
“The sharing of experiences and exchanges around the internationalisation and the future development of teaching and research are the keystones," says Catherine Leblanc, Director General of ESSCA Group.
On May 31st, the inaugural ceremony was held in the presence of
- Yansheng Ma, Minister Counsellor for Education, Chinese Embassy in Paris
- Stéphane Chipponi, Sous-Préfet of Maine et Loire
- Professor Cheng Siwei, Dean of the Chinese Academy of Sciences Management School (former Vice-President of the National People's Congress of China)
- Prof. Eric Cornuel CEO & Director General of EFMD
"For over 40 years EFMD has been involved in raising the standards of management education around the globe. Through accreditation, conferences, seminars and research EFMD has been a key element in the internationalisation of business education. All of the ACE Alliance partners are active members of EFMD and we wholeheartedly support this initiative and give it our full support," said Prof. Eric Cornuel, CEO & Director General of EFMD.
ACE will focus on academic excellence and the synergy between research and education in order to better prepare the next generation of executives. High-level representatives of the 20 schools finalised the ACE consortium agreement in parallel Deans’ forum discussions. Planned activities include the establishment of a joint programme under the ACE label, exchanges of professors and students, projects and research conferences and the development of international skills modules. The initiative is closely linked to EFMD activities, whilst the commitment to quality improvement is assured. Already in the first year, ACE will provide a symposium on research and will lay the foundations for the first batch of students for a joint programme.
The ACE Founding Members are, under the patronage of EFMD:
• Antwerp Management School (Belgium),
• Beijing Jiao Tong University (China),
• Chinese Academy of Sciences (China),
• EBS Business School (Germany),
• ESSCA School of Management (France),
• Gothenburg University (Sweden),
• Harbin Institute of Technology (China),
• Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Hong Kong),
• Leeds University (UK),
• National Tsing Hua University (Taiwan),
• Northwestern Polytechnic University (China),
• MIP Politecnico di Milano (Italy),
• Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (Netherlands),
• Shanghai University of Finance and Economics (China),
• Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (China),
• Universidade Catolica Lisbon (Portugal),
• University of Ljubljana (Slovenia),
• University of Macau (Macau),
• VSE University of Economics Prague (Czech Republic),
• Xiamen University (China).