Inclusive Business Models: Planting the Seeds of Change: The Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, Lea Stadtler and Gilbert Probst, University of Geneva, CH
has been selected as the 2012 "Best of the Best Case Award". Many congratulations to Lea Stadtler and Gilbert Probst from the University of Geneva.
"Our case illustrates the challenging and inspiring journey of establishing an efficient commodity exchange in Ethiopia by means of an inclusive public-private partnership. Given the technological challenges in the country and the deep mistrust of many of the stakeholders involved, this was no easy task. Once the seeds of change had been planted, however, the Ethiopia Commodity Exchange (ECX) experienced a period of strong growth, which, in turn, led to new challenges.
We are really honored to receive the "Best of the Best" category of the internationally well-known EFMD Case Writing Competition. It is also a great timing since it conincides with the creation of our Geneva PPP Center: a university center to serve as a hub and catalyst for PPP-related research projects. Our thanks go to all case stakeholders involved, especially Dr. Eleni Gabre-Madhin, and the reviewers who nominated the case."
Choosing the “Best of the Best” award is always so difficult due to the outstanding nature of all the case involved so we would like to once again congratulate all of the Category Winners.
2012 Category Winners
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Novo Nordisk: Managing Sustainability at Home and Abroad, written by Jette Steen Knudsen, Copenhagen Business School, DK and Dana Brown, EMLYON Business School, FR
- Entrepreneurship: ENVIU: Starting World Changing Companies, written by Luca Berchicci and Giovanna Domingues Sanches, Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, NL
- Family Business: Bavaria and the Swinkels Family: Brewing a Sticky Brand, written by Benoit Leleux and Jan Van der Kaaij, IMD, CH
- Finance and Banking: Irish Schools: Sovereign Risk in Social Infrastructure PPP, written by Pierre Hillion and Jean Wee, INSEAD
- Emerging Chinese Global Competitors: Hard Choices: Best Buy and Five Star in China_Cases A , B and the Industry Note, written by Terence Tsai, Zhu Jianhua and Xu Leiping, CEIBS (China Europe International Business School), CN
- Supply Chain Management: Danfoss - Global Manufacturing Footprint, written by Torben Pedersen and Jacob Pyndt, Copenhagen Business School, DK
- Euro-Mediterranean Managerial Practices and Issues: Launch of Durra: Women in Islamic Banking, written by Alexandra Roth and David T.A. Wesley, Northeastern University, US
- African Business Cases: Nuru Energy (A): Financing a Social Enterprise - Nuru Energy (B): From Breakdowns to Breakthroughs, Filipe Santos and Anne-Marie Carrick, INSEAD
- Public Sector Innovations: Restoring the British Museum, written by Anand Narasimhan and Jean-Louis Barsoux, IMD, CH
- Responsible Leadership: VOLTIUM, Inc, written by Eloy del Potro, Juan Carlos Vasquez Dodero, Jose Ramon Pin Arboledas and Guido Stein, IESE Business School, ES
- Inclusive Business Models: Planting the Seeds of Change: The Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, Lea Stadtler and Gilbert Probst, University of Geneva, CH
- MENA Business Cases: Chabros International Group: A World of Wood, written by Paul W. Beamish and Bassam Farah, Richard Ivey School of Business, CA
- Latin American Business Cases: Veja: Sneakers With a Conscience, written by Oana Branzei and Kim Poldner, Richard Ivey School of Business, CA
- Indian Management Issues and Opportunities: Bayer CropScience in India (A): Against Child Labor, written by Charles Dhanaraj, Indiana University Kelley School of Business, US, Oana Branzei and Satyajeet Subramanian, Richard Ivey School of Business, CA
We would like to thank all of our sponsors of their continued support of the Case Writing Competition. Abstracts for the cases are available on the EFMD website and all of the cases are available on the ecch website.
The 2013 competition will open twoards the end of May. If you would like further information please contact Inês PROENÇA email@example.com