- EBS Business School, EBS Universität für Wirtschaft und Recht, Germany
- Faculty of Management, Economics & Social Sciences, University of Cologne, Germany
- IESEG School of Management Lille-Paris
- Yonsei University School of Business Korea
- School of Management, Zhejiang University China
Prof. Julio Urgel, the EFMD Director of Quality Service said, "We are delighted to welcome 5 more leading international schools into the EQUIS community. Accreditation from EFMD is one of the best and most complete ways to certify the actual quality of a business school as accreditation involves an extensive self-assessment by the school, the visit of an international review team who spend several days interviewing many different people in the School, and finally a very experienced jury evaluating the assessment and findings of the review team to determine whether the School should be granted accreditation. There are currently no substitutes for such an in-depth assessment of quality and the new schools who have been accredited should be commended for their commitment to excellence."
- "The faculty of the School of Management, Economics and Social Sciences is very proud that the School has been rewarded the prestigious EQUIS accreditation. This accreditation acknowledges the efforts of all members of the school to transform it successfully into a competitive, international business school. And it encourages us to continue striving for excellence in research and education."
Prof. Dr. Werner Mellis, Dean, School of Management, Economics and Social Sciences, University of Cologne
- “We are proud and honored to be rewarded with the prestigious Equis accreditation. This is for us an extremely important recognition and a fantastic starting point for further development of new international programs and partnerships, recruitment of international students and faculty and improving the placement of our students on a worldwide level.”
Dr. Jean-Philippe Ammeux, General Director, IESEG School of Management Lille-Paris
- "We are extremely proud to have achieved EQUIS accreditation. This prestigious achievement reflects the hard work and dedication of our faculty toward providing our students with a world-class education and honors us with inclusion among the world’s elite institutions. The accreditation process has been a journey, not a destination, because the insights gained in the peer review will continue to guide us as we build on this achievement. In celebrating our reaching this milestone in our history, however, I must also express our deep gratitude for the support and guidanceof the late Jim Herbolich of EFMD. His encouragement during his briefing visit with us and on other occasions played a crucial role in our achieving this accreditation."
Prof. Dr. Sang Yong Park, Dean of Yonsei University School of Business
- "We are so very pleased to have been awarded EQUIS accreditation as this means that the school’s achievements in teaching and research quality, and professional relevance have been acknowledged. EQUIS will help our school become more internationally exposed and even more innovative and entrepreneurial. EFMD evaluates excellent business education all over the world and EQUIS has systematically helped business education programmes move from being good to great and helped guide them on a path to continuos improvement. We have benefited enormously from being a part of the EFMD international network as the global membership base has helped us learn a great deal from other members. Because of the work of EFMD and the value gained from going through the EQUIS process, we are much more confident now in our educational strategy of Global Perspective, Innovation Capability, Entrepreneurial Spirit, and Socially Responsibility, which makes the school unique.
Prof. Dr. Xiaobo Wu, Executive Dean, Zhejiang University School of Management
- “We are very proud to have received the EQUIS seal. The EQUIS accreditation confirms our reputation of being one of the leading Business Schools in Germany and will in return increase the attractiveness for international students and faculty. The accreditation confirms the excellence of our teaching and research, the international orientation of our programs with its strong focus on personal development, the broad executive education program portfolio and the strong practical focus due to our broad corporate network.”
Prof. Rolf Tilmes, Dean of EBS Business School
EQUIS is not primarily focused on the MBA or any other specific programme as its scope covers all of programmes offered by an institution from the first degree up to the Ph.D. Institutions that are accredited by EQUIS must demonstrate not only high general quality in all dimensions of their activities, but also a high degree of internationalisation. With companies recruiting worldwide, with students choosing to get their education outside their home countries, and with schools building alliances across borders and continents, there is a rapidly growing need for them to be able to identify those institutions in other countries that deliver high quality education in international management. EQUIS also believes that business schools should be as closely connected to the real world of business as schools of medicine are to working hospitals. There must be a balance between high academic quality and the professional relevance provided by close interaction with the corporate world. EQUIS attaches particular importance to the development of managerial and entrepreneurial skills and fosters a students sense of global responsibility.More information on EQUIS is available at www.efmd.org/equis