2017 EFMD Higher Education Research Conference
Hosted by: KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business
The event will start on: 23 Oct 17 12:00
And will end on: 24 Oct 17 12:00
Location: Leuven, Belgium
Impact and interdisciplinarity in management education and research
EFMD aims to facilitate research and a dialogue on topics related to Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) and Business Schools by bringing together academics from management, higher education and related fields.
More information coming soon
Since 2012, EFMD is engaging in a community-building effort to encourage research on business schools and their role in higher education.
The Annual EFMD Higher Education Research Conference serves as an anchor event of this initiative. It serves as a platform to facilitate the cross-fertilization of research by scholars from management, higher education as well as other fields.
The forthcoming conference in Leuven will be the sixth conference organized in this series. Previous events have been hosted by The Lorange Institute in Switzerland (2012), Paris-Dauphine University in France (2013), Stockholm Business School of Stockholm University in Sweden (2014), Saïd Business School of the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom (2015) and IESE Business School in Barcelona, Spain (2016).
Conference Organising Committee
- Howard THOMAS, LKSSB Distinguished Professor of Strategic Management, Mastercard Professor of Social and Financial Entrepreneurship, Director of the Academic Strategy and Management Education Unit, Singapore Management University; Former Dean of College of Business, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA; Warwick Business School, UK, and Lee Kong Chian School of Business, Singapore Management University, Singapore
- Luc SELS, Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Business, KU Leuven, BE
- Nadine BURQUEL, Director, EFMD Business Schools Services & EU Policy Studies in Higher Education
- Cécilia HEIDELBERGER, Coordinator, Higher Education Research Conference & EU Policy Studies in Higher Education
Will be announced by the end of June once the selection of papers has taken place.
More information coming soon
Who can submit Papers?
We are open to quality work from established scholars and from younger scholars entering these important fields of scholarship. We are also open to papers from scholars interested in the co-production of knowledge between scholars and practitioners and those interested in engaged scholarship whose purposes are to create more impactful social science and management research.
In which categories can you submit your papers?
We welcome and encourage submissions of research work primarily within (and not necessarily limited to) the following areas of academic enquiry:
- Track 1: Interdisciplinarity and the challenges for governance, incentive structures, faculty management, and autonomy/organisation of business schools and HEIs in general
- Track 2: Interdisciplinarity and its impact in management education and research
- Track 3: Innovations in management education and research
All submissions will be subjected to a competitive review process. Preference will be given to papers which deal with new developments and discoveries in impact and interdisciplinarity in management education and research. The developments could be work expanding or shaping new fields of inquiry, bringing new conceptual work into these fields from related parts of management and the social sciences, or new empirical findings. In addition, we are also welcoming papers which offer well-argued critiques of existing scholarship and in other ways challenge existing theories, methods and empirical findings.
Need More Information?