Admissions Institute New Professionals Europe
New to Admissions?
Would you like to become more effective in your Admissions practice? Gain perspective and understand the current graduate management education (GME) landscape? Answer ranking related questions with confidence? Maximize your outreach efforts? Interview more effectively? In essence, master the Admissions process while strengthening your professional network?
The Graduate Management Admission Council has worked for over 60 years with graduate Admissions professionals from around the world. Steeped in admissions expertise and experience, we see the need for more formal education and training in admissions practices.
Building on the successful launch in Europe in 2014, and subsequent events, GMAC are delighted to be partnering again with EFMD for the next edition of the Admissions Institute for New Professionals in on 24 – 27 April 2017. The partnership combines the expertise, networks and knowledge of two of the industry’s leading bodies to deliver a robust program essential for every new professional in admissions – (participants must have between six to 36 months of work experience within graduate management admissions to be eligible to apply).
AINP Europe is unlike anything currently offered in the market. Designed as a cohort learning, executive education experience, this comprehensive program utilizes a combined learning methodology that includes lectures, cases, group discussions, workshops, and individual contribution to help participants master the admissions profession. Experiential learning is key. As part of an interactive classroom environment, you will discuss the Cave Hill Business School Case Study. Cave Hill, which is a fictitious business school based in the European city of Londrid, faces a myriad of challenges including a fall in the Financial Times ranking and a need to increase total applications to ensure intake quality.
The program will provide you with a deep dive into three foundational modules: Context, Outreach, and Evaluation.
- Context. The best admissions tools are useless if not applied within the right context. AINP Europe will explore the graduate management education (GME) landscape, including the forces that have shaped its evolution, like rankings. As well, the program will provide insight into the mindset of current and future applicants, which can help orient your practices going forward.
- Outreach. The outreach module provides the necessary tools to maximize outreach activities throughout the candidate, student and graduate lifecycle, including: enhancing recruiting events; engaging candidates utilizing different marketing tools; becoming an effective career coach; managing your message when selling to different demographic groups and sizes; and tailoring and implementing effective yield management strategies.
- Evaluation. The evaluation module will teach you to review an application and prepare for an interview; interview effectively; and implement effective strategies for crafting a class.
- Learn how Admissions plays a role in sustaining quality growth in the student to alumni lifecycle
- Understand the current global GME applicant landscape from a unique European perspective
- Discuss how rankings can impact the admissions process
- Use rankings knowledge to respond to stakeholder inquiries
- Plan how your messaging and branding strategies can drive recruitment activities and outreach
- Identify the impact your Admissions role has on prospective student career tracks
- Learn how applications and interviewing will dictate the class composition and student career prospects
Once you sign up for the program, a member of GMAC Professional Education & Training team will contact you to review your profile and ensure the program’s learning objectives fit with your training and development needs and goals.
Application for AINP Europe 2017 now open.