The Association seeks a leading and impactful role for its community, to inform and influence policy and practice in creative and ambitious ways.The aim is to support Expos addressing issues that are important, current and having an impact on society. These Expos will investigate how the communities of regional studies, regional science, urban studies and related fields can respond to new societal challenges and opportunities.
In 2017, the RSA provides funding for up to three Expos on topics related to the priority areas set out in the RSA Development Plan 2015 – 2020.
Applications are invited on the following themes:
- Industrial Strategy and the Role of Industry, Employment & Apprenticeships in Cities and Regions
- Climate change, adaptation and governance
- Global Migration and regional development
- an article for Regional Studies, Regional Science with the Article Processing Charge (APC) sponsored by the Association from the withheld portion of the grant (articles will be subject to peer review)
- a book in the new RSA Impact and Policy Series. This would be a minimum 25,000 and maximum 30,000 words policy book. It could be in the form of a report or edited papers with an introduction and conclusion. It must include an executive summary highlighting the policy implications from the work.
The submission deadline for detailed applications is 6th March 2017, 3pm (GMT).
More information on this Grant Scheme can be downloaded here (Call for Application; RSA Policy Expo: Handbook and Application)
In addition, we wish to remind you other funding opportunities with the RSA:
- RSA Early Career Grant Scheme, up to £10,000, next application deadline is 31st May 2017;
- RSA Membership Research Grant Scheme, up to £5,000, next application deadline is 8th May 2017;
- RSA Fellowship Research Grant Scheme, up to £7,500, next application deadline is 8th May 2017;
- RSA Research Network Grant Scheme, up to £10,000, next deadline is 31st July 2017;
- RSA Conference Bursaries, reduced conference fee or fee waiver for the RSA's Annual conference; Enjoy discounts on RSA conference fees;
- RSA Travel Grant, up to £500, There will be four applications rounds in 2017: 28th February, 31st May, 31st August, 30th November;
- RSA Awards 2017, deadline is 31st May 2017.