EUA has just published a new report examining current European trends in quality assurance (QA) in higher education. The report “ESG Part 1: Are universities ready?” outlines what is known about the current status of implementation of each standard of part I of the current standards and guidelines for quality assurance in the European higher education area (ESG).
The paper highlights a number of areas that are likely to require further attention from institutional leadership and QA managers. These include the need to:
- link QA with strategic management
- demonstrate implementation of student-centred learning
- develop robust measures for reviewing programmes
Mapping the status of internal quality assurance (QA), the 32-page report breaks down into:
- Policy for quality assurance: institutional policy, involvement of internal and external stakeholders
- Design and approval of programmes: Qualifications frameworks, learning outcomes, involvement of internal and external stakeholders in programme design
- Student-centred learning, teaching and assessment
- Student admission, progression, recognition and certification
- Teaching staff: trends in support and assessment, pedagogical development
- Learning resources and student support: trends in learning environment
- Information management: indicators related to learning and teaching
- Public information
- On-going monitoring and periodic review of programmes
- Cyclical external quality assurance
Please go here for the full report: "ESG Part 1: Are universities ready?"
You will no doubt also be interested in the EFMD International Accreditations:
EQUIS - EFMD Quality Improvement System: please do explore: the EQUIS general information, the list of EQUIS accredited schools, the EQUIS key timings, as wel as the EQUIS Guides 2015.
EPAS - EFMD Programme Accreditation System: please feel free to consult for further details: the EPAS general information, the overview of EPAS accredited programmes, the EPAS key timings, as well as the EPAS Guides 2015.
Additionally, you can always attend the EQUIS and EPAS Accreditation Seminars. These are targeted at institutions considering applying for EQUIS or EPAS accreditation and those holding active eligibility wishing to get a better understanding about the system. Currently, accreditation seminars are planned for:
15-16 October 2015 in Prague, Czech Republic, hosted by University of Economics, Prague - Faculty of International Relations
12-13 November 2015 in Miami, United States, hosted by Manchester Business School – Americas Centre, Miami